Week 3
Part 1
The study tip that i think I need to improve is keeping up/maintaining said schedule. I generally am very organized and planned. But now I currently hold four part time jobs, all which requires me to drive. So I lose a good amount of time on the road. So it has become difficult to include the course into my new schedule. One of the study tips that appealed to me was making a personal time survey. I already maintain a daily schedule. But I like how this includes each activity of my day and the number of hours dedicated towards it. I am trying to use this new method to make sure i have enough time to study for this course. Additionally, the "Dont be a perfectionist" really is applicable to me. I do not like doing tasks unless they are done well. I really struggle with this and often waste so much time trying to make things perfect.
Part 2
This week we had the opportunity to learn about ethics. This was particularly interesting as we are involving ethics in the field of technology, which is so important. When you hear computer science, ethics is not necessarily the first topic that comes in your head. So, this gave us the opportunity to look at computer science and technology with a new perspective. I enjoyed learning about the ethical theories and how they are applicable in the real world. One area where ethics becomes applicable is when we are utilizing AI.
Part 3
This was an interesting read. This page was a good overview of the topics that a computer science should know. It definitely covers the foundations which makes up the skills for a good software engineer. Without these basics, it would be difficult for one to work on furthering their skills as a computer science major. It is important to network and find internships. One thing i realized for myself, was learning multiple languages definitely helped me discern what could be useful or different purposes in terms of storage, speed and accessibility. This is a good outline for those who want to pursue computer science as it covers almost everything one should know.
Part 4
Integrity is important as it is the quality that keeps us honest and helps stick to our principles and morals. It is important that we have integrity so that we can be good humans. And in terms of this course, we need to complete our work with integrity. We should not use someone else's work and claim it as our own. It is not fair to other students. And it will only harm us in the future as getting used to such conduct will only enable our dishonesty. It is important to give credit where it is due.
Comments
Post a Comment