Week 2
What are the top 3 items that you are good at, and what are the top three areas you feel you are weak in?
I am very good at planning and making a study schedule. I have effective thinking skills so i am able to study and learn material quite fast. I do not have to spend too much time to understand a topic. I am also good at taking notes to help with my critical thinking and learning which primarily helps to understand concepts faster.
With that being said, I have trouble keeping up/maintaining said schedule. This is mostly due to the busy schedule i have. I currently hold four part time jobs, all which requires me to drive. So i lose a good amount of time on the road. So it has become difficult to include the course into my new schedule. Additionally i am not able to follow the SQ3R method due to my conflict of work times. Another area where i demonstrate weakness would be multiple choice questions. They were never my strong suit.
Log
Project Management Basics
The video discusses what project management is. A project is a task/endeavor that is split up into several parts/phases. A project has a start and a finish. Projects and operations are different since projects are temporary and they create unique objects. Projects are also subject to failure and reasons could be due to poor time management, and poor cost management and also scope management. projects are typically managed by project managers, and they need to have specific skill set which include problem solving skills, leadership skills, etc.
Projects consist of work breakdown structures which consists of phases, deliverables and may also contain sub-projects. It is a visual description that dictates how the project is broken up in order to be executed efficiently. Projects also consist of Gantt charts which tracks the progress of a project and its activities. It illustrates the timeline for each project, how long each part of the project should take, and how far we are into completion of the task. Some tasks can be done at the same time while some tasks cannot be started without completion of the predecessor task. These tools help to organize and carry out a project efficiently.
Check Out Previous Capstones
1. MyPlanner.Garden.
This project is a web application designed for plant enthusiasts to log in and monitor their plants progress. As a plant lover myself, I was fond of this presentation. This was a very informative project which highlights how the project functions. It provides reminders for plant care, and shows information about the weather and location and how well suited the plant may be in that location. There is always room for improvement but i feel she did a great job on this presentation.
2. JuryUp.
This project was very interesting to me. JuryUp aims to address the limitations of Angular and improve the user experience by tackling issues like slow internet connection, lengthy load times and the need for downloading. I think the presentation could be more informative.
3.
Summarize Your Week on Your Learning Journal
This week was great. I got to learn about project management and how to create a time schedule. I learnt However, I had personal issues so I got behind on a few assignments.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI hope you are doing well. I noticed that you have work Monday's through Friday's and work mainly takes up most of the day. Although you do check canvas daily at night. It would probably benefit you to try and start trying to set apart a bit more time during the week to review material. It does not have to be too much time but it can maybe an extra 30 minutes along with your canvas time to just review material. For example, we get lots of videos during the week to watch for lecture. Maybe you can start going into canvas during this time and book marking some of these videos so you can listen to them on your drive back from work. Also just reviewing the homework without actually starting it can probably help. This will probably be very helpful for discussions or coding assignments. If you read the homework questions ahead of time you can ponder the approach or answers during the week. Then over the weekend you can have easier time starting. Plus any questions you may have can be answered over the weekend ahead of when you actually start over the weekend. These are just some of the ways that just reviewing the material ahead of time can help. Even if you don't have enough time to actually start on it yet.
Best,
A.O