Week 4:

After years of putting the idea of going back to school on the back burner, I finally decided to pursue Computer Science as my second undergraduate degree. I was already working as a backend engineer before i got laid off last year. My first bachelors degree was in Economics and Mathematics. Although, these are science related, not having the degree in computer science has made it more difficult for me to obtain jobs. Additionally, I want to pursue a masters/Phd in Computer Science in the long run. And the schools in California which I was looking at require the undergraduate degree to be in Computer Science. Due to the competitive nature of this field, colleges have created rigid masters programs. This is one motivation for wanting to pursue this degree from Monterey Bay. 

My goal at the end of the day is to go back to backend engineering/data engineering. I fully enjoyed working with SQL and databases and java. I also engaged in a good deal of Python. As a visual learner, it was always satisfying to see the product of my codes. And i truly think going back to my previous career would be beneficial to my happiness. Eventually I can see myself in a managerial position, shifting away

I would expect to score at-least 85% on the ETS test. After going over the syllabus, I understood that the course is designed to give us a comprehensive learning and understanding of computer science so we can be successful in our career paths. If we study accordingly with full determination, we should be able to score well on the ETS test.

This week we reviewed our educational and career goals. We learnt about the 7 career goals that are important for success. We learned about the ETS test, which is a comprehensive exam that assesses students' knowledge in their major field of study. AI was a topic that was discussed in depth. We engaged in discussions regarding ethics and was given very real scenarios and how we would handle them. It was interesting to view our classmates blogs and read their schedules. We all are definitely very busy. I like how this course is designed to aid us taking our schedules in context. So I am very grateful to be able to participate in this program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Week 7

Week 3